I'm SO thrilled to be doing a giveaway with my friend Abby Wheeler this week on the Do The Thing Movement blog! Abby and I met about a year ago and she is the Ministry Director of Heartworks. I've asked her to share a little bit of her heart with you in a Q&A today and then we'll tell you all about how you can enter the giveaway!
Q&A With Abby
1. What was the catalyst for starting Heartworks? Heartworks is the intersection of passions - refugee ministry and artistic expression. I always thought I had to pick one or the other so I really pursued refugee ministry but artistic expression with refugees is now the actual ministry as God has opened my eyes to the ways that art and creativity inspire healing and wholeness.
2. What is your vision for it? My vision for Heartworks is to help people realize their capacity to encounter beauty and contribute beauty to the world because beauty inspires hope. Practically, my vision is to have lessons with kids of all different backgrounds coming together and collaborating and creating.
3. What's been the most rewarding part of starting your ministry + nonprofit? I love painting Bibles and making them beautiful so that people want to hold them in their hands and open them up to discover the hope within. I also have loved the healing I’ve seen students experience through some art healing techniques I’ve used and also seeing students create really lovely masterpieces!
To enter the giveaway:
1. Follow @rebeccadotsongeorge and @Heartworks.knox on the 'gram!
2. Post Monday's photo on your stories and tag @Heartworks.knox and @rebeccadotsongeorge so we see them!
3. Tag at least 3 friends in the comments (bonus entry for extra tags)!
That's it! Entries will close at 8 PM on Sunday, September 29th and the winner will be announced on the 30th. Good luck!
Cheering you on,
Rebecca Dotson George